Director Uzo Philps writes...
WHAT MANNER OF MEN?
I tell this stories to expose the pains and bitterness that have lodged in the hearts of most oppressed ladies of Nollywood and to set the stage for the many lessons I would want us to learn from all these. I will not only be concentrating on the victims and their pains, I will also try to look at the consequences of living And doing evil against fellow men. God always has a law for everything we do on earth, whether you are a church person or not. Everyone has a conscience that is always nudging him in times of derailment. That little reminder is always there trying to make us do it right. My fight is not set against any man or woman but I am consciously looking at the deliberate wrong actions when we have the power to do the otherwise. I'm thoroughly pained by the level of evils that have been mated out to innocent and ignorant members of the society who would have been celebrating their stardom and popularity but rather they have been driven so far away from what they hoped would bring fulfillment to their lives by those they ran to with open hands for help but who rather cut them down with their wickedness, and jeering at their faces contoured by shocking disappointments. Please read carefully the story of this 20 years old secondary school girl that got her own bit of the hands of the Nollywood oppressors. This story will be in three parts.
THE STORY:
I told you my first movie was ABC. Produced by marketer XYZ in the East. Before meeting him, I first met FGH. I didn't know him.
I went with my roommate then from school to Onitsha, because they announced on radio that there was going to be an audition. So my friend copied their phone number out, and I was only 20 years then. We called the number and the man who took the call, directed us to come to Onitsha. I didn't know he was FGH, instead of the real Mr. XYZ. He said we should register with N10,000 and I told him I had only N3000 with me. He took the N3000 from me and told me he wanted to produce a movie. He said that the story was about the swimming pool. He was there with one guy and told myself and my girlfriend to pull our clothes and leave only what was part of the audition[pants and bras] so that he would know if we had stretch marks, and whether we were suitable for the roles.
After much, we told him we could not do that since the production was not ready. He convinced us that it was what we did in the audition that would qualify us for the main movie. Finally I and my girlfriend agreed and pulled off to our pants and bras. We were so ashamed, standing before two young men, and wearing only pants and bras, but what did we know? We were so naïve and had little or no ideas about the movies, auditions and how they were organized.
He later asked us to pull our bras and we refused and told him we were leaving. That was it and I just gave up and went out and told people that those things they say about Nollywood were true.
He took me into the room that he had paid for and I sat on a chair while he laid in the bed. I refused to go to the bed with him as he demanded and when he asked me why, I told him that I do not date married men. He didn't utter a word again but just dressed up again and asked me to come and be driven to where I was to get transport back to my school. He did and gave me some amount of money and I was happy for the money and sad for his actions. I left for school and when I got to school I called his number but he refused to take my call. The next day I tried to call him again with the same result. One day, I sent him text, and asked him what my offence was. He was angry because I said I do not date married men and he asked me if I was finer than his wife. He said that he wanted to help me, but since I was displaying my crude wisdom, I should go and line up with others at Zenith Hotel where artistes gather in Asaba. I was broken but I decided to go to Zeinth and tried for the last time. I was succeeding and everybody wanted to give me jobs because I was good but the issue of sex kept creeping up from the directors, the producers, the marketers and the Production managers and because of all these I have not been able to grow in the industry because I refused to lay myself on the sexual butcher tables of the lords of Nollywood.
MY COMMENT:
It's only heartless men and women that will keep doing thelse things without listening to the pleas from their victims not to be VIOLATED. Once one victim is dealt with, her chapter is closed and only heard at the KISS AND TELL joints, while the victim's wait hopelessly for an invitation to come and work for the vampire that sucked the blood of her womanhood. It's evil and I know without any iota of doubt that God does not overlook the tears of the so oppressed. Those who have ears, let them hear the words of the Highpriest. In my next post I will look at the STRAYING CHICKEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment